Monday, February 15, 2016

Gym, food, and all of the trimmings.

Today was gym day, and President's Day. Which was a convenient combination, since I took the day off, to show my patriotism, not to avoid the horror of the alarm clock, and the crushing responsibility of packing a lunch.

Lately the need to justify the expense of all the video production apps on my phone, my iPad (it used to by my iPad, my wife has it now, and I am negotiating it's release, I will keep you posted) and my computer.

So, I decided to make a small video of my trip, and my workout. But, I am kind of new to the idea of assembling the the correct media for a video production. But, that didn't stop me from trying. So, I snapped a few pictures and capturing a few videos, and planning the show.

Then it hit me, I live two and a half miles from the YMCA where I work. To get there I pass a McDonald's, a Wendy's, a Taco Bell, an Olive Garden, a Dunkin' Donuts, Baskin Robbins (these are in the same building, but it counts) a Long Horn Steakhouse. And that is only the tip of the food service iceberg. There are chicken places, noodle places, gas stations selling pizza by the slice, sandwiches, hot dogs, and drinks from large to huge.

If you were to drive either way on the street for a mile or so you would find a gym. Of course you

would find dozens of places to eat, pizzas, hamburgers, tacos, burritos, almost anything you could want to eat. And they are building more as fast as they can.

I don't know if there is anything to be learned from this. And I understand eating is essential and there are many ways to exercise without joining a gym, but it just seemed funny. Take from it what you will, or nothing at all, it is up to you. But here is my video.


No comments:

Post a Comment