Thursday, June 23, 2016

Vacation, with a dose of paranoia

Tomorrow we take off on a week long adventure. We are staying in a house on the beach in North Carolina.  Yes, I know, people are boycotting the state. And I respect that. But, we had made our reservations, invited our friends and paid our rental. So we were stuck. And so far no one has really jumped on my Boycott Sears movement, so in the words of Bo Diddley* "before you accuse me, take a look at yourself."

But, we are not allowed to "move in" to our little house on the beach. So we are spending the night in Raleigh / Durham. And we might swing by the Dean Dome and Cameron Indoor Stadium, temples of college basketball.**

What this means is that I have printed out maps to the motel, and the beach front cabin. And as an added precaution, because I am directionally incompetent, I have taken screen shots of the maps zoomed in anywhere the directions seem confusing. These will be available, thanks to cloud storage, anytime I want. It probably won't help, but it makes me feel better, and if you feel good you look good, and if you look good, you are good. Or something like that.

I also took the precaution of following "Tracking Sharks" on Facebook. Now whenever anybody gets bitten by a shark, anywhere I know about it. If I remember correctly sharks like to hang around in the ocean.

Yes, the ocean is a very big place. There does not seem to be a way to narrow it down to a small area, and we are all brothers and sisters doing our best to avoid being eaten by sharks. Just trying to do my part, that's all.

So, stay tuned for pictures, reports, and updates, until you think enough with the shark attacks, Tim. Just kidding. It won't all be about shark attacks. My friend, who is from North Carolina, tells me they have a lot of Black Widow spiders, too. It sounds like paradise, doesn't it?




* I think he wrote the song.

** Probably my favorite sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment